Careers at Turning Point
Full Time Support Staff
Turning Point seeks a Qualified Individual to serve as a member of our Clinical and Administrative Support team. The employee reports to the Office and Facilities Manager. The employee performs reception desk responsibilities and supports the agency’s operations through effective communication, record-keeping, organization, and teamwork. The employee is expected to back up team members when they are absent or require assistance.
Employee is responsible for front desk operations, including but not limited to: answering phones, checking clients in and out, checking client insurance cards, checking agency voice mail and forwarding messages to appropriate recipients, preparing daily deposit and batch entry, preparing group rosters, and presenting a friendly face to incoming clients, staff, and visitors. Employee provides timely, responsive, and appropriate customer service to clients, colleagues, and guests. Phone calls will be answered promptly and emails will be responded to within one business day. Employee will also remain aware of agency procedures regarding safety codes and respond accordingly as needed.
Some flexibility with one’s schedule is required, and evening work is required. This position is a keyholder and will close the building nightly Monday through Thursday. Mandatory hours for this position are 11 am-8 pm Monday through Thursday and 12-4 pm on Fridays. May have some possibilities for additional hours for coverage of other employee absences.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent education and/or experience
2. Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration
3. Knowledge of data gathering techniques, such as Internet research or files analysis
4. Advanced knowledge of personal computers including: Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, access). Ability to type minimum of 50 words per minute.
5. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively and positively, using tact and poise, both verbally and in writing, with staff, employees and public. Ability to elicit cooperation from others and to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity
9. Background Check is required for this position
10. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity.
12. Ability to communicate with and elicit cooperation from others and to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
13. Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
14. Ability to develop clear and comprehensive correspondence.
15. Ability to meet and communicate with the public and staff using tact and poise.
16. Knowledge of or the ability to learn commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the mental health field.
Turning Point Behavioral Health Care Center appreciates the opportunity to provide services to its diverse community, including people of color, low-income and financially insecure, non-English speakers, and LGBTQ individuals. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and other marginalized communities to join our staff to better serve our clients. Turning Point makes hiring decisions without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, creed, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, military discharge status, disability, source of income, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
Established in 1969, Turning Point serves diverse communities throughout metropolitan Chicago. We provide outpatient individual and group therapy for all ages, case management, and a residential living program for a diverse client base. Turning Point is conveniently located close to public transportation. Turning Point has consistently been awarded the highest rating from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Turning Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.