Below you will find our current openings. Inquiries regarding these positions can be directed to our HR Director, Ronit Peikes. Please email Ronit Peikes with your resume and cover letter to be considered for one of these positions. Be sure to specify which position you are applying for.
Due to the volume of inquiries and applications received, we are unable to respond to every application individually. If we are interested in more information or setting up an interview, we will reach out to you directly.
Full-Time Front Desk Reception Staff (posted July 31)
Turning Point seeks a Qualified Individual to serve as a member of our Clinical and Administrative Support team. The employee reports to the Office and Facilities Manager. The employee performs reception desk responsibilities and supports the agency’s operations through effective communication, record-keeping, organization, and teamwork. The employee is expected to back up team members when they are absent or require assistance.
Employee is responsible for front desk operations, including but not limited to: answering phones, checking clients in and out, checking client insurance cards, checking agency voice mail and forwarding messages to appropriate recipients, preparing daily deposit and batch entry, preparing group rosters, and presenting a friendly face to incoming clients, staff, and visitors. Employee provides timely, responsive, and appropriate customer service to clients, colleagues, and guests. Phone calls will be answered promptly and emails will be responded to within one business day. Employee will also remain aware of agency procedures regarding safety codes and respond accordingly as needed.
Some flexibility with one's schedule is required, and evening work is required. The shift for this position is Monday through Thursday 9 am-6:30 pm, Fridays 10 am-2 pm.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent education and/or experience
2. Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration
3. Knowledge of data gathering techniques, such as Internet research or files analysis
4. Advanced knowledge of personal computers including: Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, access). Ability to type minimum of 50 words per minute.
5. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively and positively, using tact and poise, both verbally and in writing, with staff, employees and public. Ability to elicit cooperation from others and to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity
9. Background Check and Drug Test are required for this position
10. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity.
12. Ability to communicate with and elicit cooperation from others and to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
13. Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
14. Ability to develop clear and comprehensive correspondence.
15. Ability to meet and communicate with the public and staff using tact and poise.
16. Knowledge of or the ability to learn commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the mental health field.
17. Criminal Background Check is required for this position
18. Able to lift 10 pounds.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Ronit Peikes.
Full-Time Therapist (posted 7/19/19)
Turning Point seeks Clinician to serve as Full Time Therapists. Therapists provide outpatient therapy to individuals, couples and families, as well as having the opportunity to run groups within our Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Transitions, and Outpatient Groups programs. Required to work at least one evening during the week until 8 pm, with additional evening hours available as well if desired.
Applicants must have minimum educational attainment of Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field. Candidates who possess full clinical licensure, LCSW or Psy.D. preferred.
To apply, please email resume and letter of interest/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2018.
On-Call Recovery Support Specialist
Turning Point is seeking On-Call Recovery Support Specialists (Peer Counselors) for our innovative Living Room program. The Living Room is a nonclinical alternative to a Hospital Emergency Department for people experiencing acute psychiatric crisis. Recovery Support Specialists must self-identify as current or previous consumers of mental health services, as well as have comfort with self-disclosure in both private and public settings regarding their mental health challenges and recovery.
The Recovery Support Specialist works in the Living Room, providing support and interventions to help manage crises of guests of the Living Room. This position requires some flexibility with one’s work schedule and must be available to work during Living Room hours, currently Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 8:00pm. **At this time, Monday and Friday availability are required for this role.**
Hourly salary for this role is $16/hour, and paid sick leave is available.
Established in 1969, Turning Point serves diverse communities throughout metropolitan Chicago. We provide outpatient individual and group therapy for all ages, psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring, case management, and a residential living program. Turning Point has consistently been awarded the highest rating from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Turning Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Culturally Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.