Need help? Start here.
Do any of the statements below resonate with you? Are you unsure about what to do next? We’ll help you find answers.
- I’m experiencing a mental health crisis. I need help right now.
- Someone I know is experiencing a mental health crisis. What should I do?
- I don’t want to feel this way anymore. Where can I turn?
- I need help, but my family won’t understand or approve.
- I don’t have insurance and can’t afford the help I know I need.
- We need counseling as a couple to improve our relationship.
- Our family needs to solve some troubling problems.
- I’m worried that my child needs mental health counseling.
New clients start here.
Please call 847.933.0051, ext. 0 during intake hours.
Monday–Thursday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm CT
Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm CT
Crisis support is available 24 hours every day.
What to expect when you call.
- The Turning Point team member who answers will help you begin the process with a brief screening to ensure that we’re the best fit for your recovery needs.
- We’ll also orient you to our services and do our best to help you find an affordable option. We accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and most Medicaid plans. If you do not have insurance coverage, we also offer a sliding fee scale.
- If you currently have healthcare insurance coverage, please have that information available when you call.
- After your initial call, a therapist or case manager will contact you within 24 hours to schedule a time to talk more about your needs and treatment preferences.
- That conversation will take about 90 minutes, and when it’s complete, we’ll give you our best estimate of when you’ll be matched with a therapist or other provider.
- Please understand that we often have a wait list. Appointment scheduling will depend on your circumstances, your availability, and the availability of the right Turning Point team member.
- If you need urgent crisis support, our crisis response team is always available.
- Turning Point welcomes guests and clients in a comfortable, inclusive, nonjudgmental, nonthreatening environment. We are respectful of each individual’s heritage and beliefs.
- If you need services beyond what Turning Point provides, we may offer referrals to other agencies for such services as emergency housing, psychological testing, or services for substance use disorders, vocational assistance, psychiatry, and more. Turning Point does not provide services to children under the age of 6.
- We are a respected teaching facility and are pleased to have supervised student interns on our clinical team.
- COVID information: Turning Point currently provides mental health services remotely and in person. Masks are now optional unless requested.
- New clients are advised to check with their insurance carrier and Turning Point staff about coverage. Individuals without insurance coverage will be charged for services on a sliding scale.