Careers at Turning Point
Full Time Outpatient Therapist
Turning Point Behavioral Health Care Center seeks Clinicians to serve as Full Time Outpatient Therapists, and Full Time Child and Adolescent Therapists. Outpatient Therapists provide outpatient therapy to individuals across the lifespan, as well as couples and families, and have the opportunity to run groups. Some evening hours required; no weekend work required.
C&A Therapists provide outpatient therapy to children and adolescents, as well as adults, couples and families, as well as having the opportunity to run groups within our Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Transitions, and Outpatient Groups programs. Experience and interest in working with kids aged 6-10 highly preferred. Some evening hours required; no weekend work required.
This position requires being in-person at our Skokie office a minimum of two days per week. The first 90 days of employment are required to be fully in person, with the hybrid opportunity beginning after the first 90 days.
1. Must have minimum educational attainment of Master’s degree in field of Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Clinical Psychology from an accredited program.
*Individuals with degree in Marriage and Family Therapy preferred, but not required.
2. For Child and Adolescent Therapists, specific experience and interest in working with children and adolescents is required for this role. Specific experience and interest in providing couples and family therapy is highly preferred.
3. Must have experience working in a clinical setting, providing direct services to clients.
4. Must possess clinical licensure, or be in the process of working towards hours for licensure examination. Must complete licensure exam and attain clinical licensure within 6 months of attaining required hours.
5. Must be able to lift 10 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
Turning Point Behavioral Health Care Center appreciates the opportunity to provide services to its diverse community, including people of color, low-income and financially insecure, non-English speakers, and LGBTQ individuals. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and other marginalized communities to join our staff to better serve our clients. Turning Point makes hiring decisions without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, creed, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, military discharge status, disability, source of income, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
Established in 1969, Turning Point serves diverse communities throughout metropolitan Chicago. We provide outpatient individual and group therapy for all ages, case management, and a residential living program for a diverse client base. Turning Point is conveniently located close to public transportation. Turning Point has consistently been awarded the highest rating from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Turning Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.